- What is the cost of therapy?
- My fee for a 50-minute session is $95. I accept cash, check, and most major credit cards.
- My initial intake session fee for adults is $150.
- My initial intake fee for children and adolescents 17 and under is $225. The fee is higher for children and teens because their initial intake evaluation includes 2 sessions—one with parents and the other with the child or adolescent.
- Do you accept insurance?
- Currently I am credentialed with Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC. For clients who use BCBS, I will be happy to file with BCBS on your behalf.
- I am considered “out of network” with all other insurance companies. Clients using insurance other than BCBS are expected to pay the full fee of $95 at each session. I will provide appropriate documentation at the end of each month so that each client, if they so choose, can file with their insurance company for reimbursement.
- Clients who choose not to use insurance are expected to pay the $95 fee at each session.
- How long are the sessions?
A typical session is 50 minutes.
- How many sessions will I need?
During your 3rd or 4th session, I will recommend a treatment plan for you based on your needs. I typically recommend scheduling sessions once per week for at least the first 4 to 6 weeks, but frequency of sessions is at the discretion of the client.
- What forms of payments do you accept?
Full payment is due at each session. I accept cash, check, or most major credit cards. A convenience fee of 2.35% is added for those who choose to use credit/debit cards.
- Can we speak over the phone first so that I may determine if we are a good match?
Yes! It is important for those seeking counseling to find a clinician with whom they feel comfortable. I welcome the opportunity to speak with potential clients over the phone to determine if we are a good match.
- Are you part of a "group" practice?
No. I practice in a building owned by my former supervisor, Dr. Greta Zuck. There are several other therapists in the office suite but we each maintain our own independent practices.
- What if I need a psychological evaluation?
I do not provide psychological evaluations; however, I would be happy to make a referral for that service when asked.
- What if I need medication?
I do not offer psychiatric evaluation or medication at my practice. Upon request, I would be happy to refer you to a local psychiatrist.
- What is your cancellation policy?
I would appreciate at least 24 hours advanced notice of cancellations for scheduled appointments. You will be charged $95.00 for missed sessions not cancelled 24 hours in advance. For routine cancellations or to make an appointment, please email me at email@example.com
- What are your office hours?
I am currently inthe office 4 days a week:
Please call 919-784-0205, ext. 4 to schedule an appointment. My hours vary from time to time, so please feel free to call me to double check my availability.